Primate

January 05, 2015

Ubud Monkey Forest, Bali, Indonesia
This guy here's clutching onto his banana like it's the only one left in the world. But seriously, I don't think this creature will ever go hungry. This nature reserve on the island of Bali is a sanctuary for primates that are considered to be sacred. They're well protected and fed. Visitors are also allowed to feed them. 

I just didn't like the horror stories I've heard about these creatures getting aggressive and hurting visitors. They say these monkeys are also good at stealing stuff so you better hold on to your belongings.

I don't blame them, though. These are probably learned behaviors than natural abilities.  Anyways, it was a beautiful experience and thankfully, no one got hurt and no one was robbed during our time there.  

More pictures during my escapade in Bali with friends on this link: http://hamletslair.blogspot.com/search?q=bali




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a message!