Standing Tall

September 06, 2016

Replica of Michaelangelo's David standing tall on Baywalk, Ecoland Drive, Davao City

"The measure of success of terrorism is how long it takes for the victims to stand up. We will stand up NOW." That's what Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said in the aftermath of the bombing at Davao's famous night market along Roxas Avenue. 

Her speech prompted me to post this picture as Davaoenos now remind me of this humble shepherd boy who defeated Goliath and became a mighty warrior.  

David was in no way fearless. But he trusted in the strength and power of his living God. And if we Davaoenos do the same, we can be bold and stand up together in conquering this setback.   

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1 (A Psalm of David)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a message!