Isolation

September 17, 2014


“Solitude is a chosen separation for refining your soul. 
Isolation is what you crave when you neglect the first.” 
― Wayne Cordeiro

For as long as I can remember, I was never a shy person. I can easily start conversations even with strangers. I grew up singing in front of large audiences. I hosted a variety of events from high school to college, and so on. 

While I love to talk, sing, and be with people, I'm also never a person who wouldn't grab the opportunity to be left on my own. I love silence, I love my space, I love the peace that I always find when I'm left to ponder in my own little corner.  The older I get, I'm also realizing that I want and need more alone and quiet time.

This rock formation and pilgrimage temple in Bali reminds me of myself and my desire for solitude. Tanah Lot looks like it all has the peace and quiet. This picture makes you think it's far from civilization. But the truth is, if you zoom out, there are thousands of tourists taking pictures of this cultural and scenic icon in Bali. 

It's not quiet out there. Perhaps it is inside but still the rustling waves no matter how refreshing, bring you back to the reality that around us there will always be plenty of noise. It reminds me that I may have my 'me' time but I'm never truly alone. 

You may want to view another photo of Tanah Lot I posted on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/9LkaEWpuO2/?taken-by=shyllzkie or this other popular temple in Bali: http://hamletslair.blogspot.com/2014/01/memories-of-bali.html





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a message!