Memories of Bali

January 10, 2014


Ulun Danu Temple
Bali, Indonesia

Like the Philippines, Bali is gifted with natural resources. It has beautiful beaches, lush greens, and tropical forest reserves. So when my friends and I arrived in the island, my first impression was that I was still in the Philippines. 

Bali is a home of temples and shrines from the mountains to the coastal areas. I remember trying to count the number of temples we've seen but eventually forgot that I was counting as you'll literally find these sacred places everywhere.

While each temple is unique, they say that all of them are either facing towards the mountains, the sea or sunrise. 

This one in the picture is called the Ulun Danu, dedicated to the worship of the goddess of lakes and rivers. This is among the must-see temples in the island.

Another temple that is barraged by visitors is the Pura Tanah Lot. It's said to be one of the most important directional temples in the island. To see its picture, click here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a message!