December in Bantayan

January 31, 2019


Paradise Beach, Bantayan Island 

You're excited to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin, take pleasure in the sight of the vibrant colors of the ocean but you end up wanting to grab your sweater and hide in your hotel room. Sadly, it's cold and gloomy where you booked your supposedly warm-weather vacation. That's the exact scenario when I arrived in Bantayan a few days before Christmas.

I've always known that December in most parts of the Philippines isn't usually a nice month for sun seekers. Still, because my Sunshine wanted to, we took the risk and went back to this gem of an island in the Visayas - a place both of us would always want to return to.
Panoramic shot of Paradise Beach taken with iPhone 8plus 

This time we stayed at Amihan Beach Cabanas. We wanted to stay there summer of last year but it was fully-booked, so we felt like we hit the jackpot when we were able to reserve our dates.

Unfortunately, upon arrival, I learned I was right. The name of the place perfectly described the weather. "Amihan" means north east monsoon. It's a season dominated by cool, dry winds. 

While we had this lovely accommodation right in front of the ocean, I felt like the wind was going to destroy our hut and the sea would swallow up the entire coastal area.

Thankfully, we were no longer strangers to Bantayan so we knew where to go. On the other side of the island was perfect. The water was calm, the sun was out, and the entire place was serene. It's the same Paradise we once knew although traces of development could already be seen. Somehow it saddens me knowing that in the future, this place is going to be fully crowded. I love this part of the island for its privacy or exclusivity.


What’s worse than gloomy days on a tropical vacation? Losing your prized photos because of your stupidity. I don't need to elaborate how it happened but what I have on this post are just a few shots I was able to retrieve (mostly of Paradise beach) from my phone.



I also just now realized that I didn’t get to blog about our 2018 Bantayan trip yet. That will be next and hopefully soon. I haven’t been active here since my Hamlet got diagnosed with cancer.

In the meantime, you may want to check my blog on another beautiful getaway in the Visayas - Malapascua. Click this link:  https://hamletslair.blogspot.com/2017/06/malapascua-and-kalanggaman.html


P.S.
Shoutout to my followers on Instagram who are also following my blog. Thank you for taking the time to visit my site. To those who watch out for my IG stories, thanks. Yes, I see all of you. Whether here on my blog or on IG, I know when you visit. I know who you are and I know where you're from :) Love and PEACE!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a message!